Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fredrix Canvas Panels for Painting en Plein Air!

I got this new case of Fredrix Canvas Panels nearly a month ago, but the weather has been too hot and wet to go out and paint en plein air. I finally went out this last weekend but I stayed close to home (and air conditioning!).

I love Fredrix Canvas Panels because they’re perfect for painting en plein air. Their durability allows me to paint in all sorts of weather, even pouring rain, frigid cold, or strong winds. The canvas surface provides the texture that I want for oil painting, while the rigid backing board prevents dents or punctures in the canvas when sudden gusts of wind tip over my easel. Panels have less than one-fourth the depth of stretched canvases, which saves space and makes them easier to pack when I’m traveling to or from plein air events. I use the smaller ones for painting oils en plein air because they take up so little space in my travel kit, and I also use the larger ones as backing boards to tape my paper onto when I paint watercolors.
When I’m painting en plein air I need materials that are strong, dependable, and portable, as well as archival. Fredrix Canvas Panels are the perfect product that meets all my needs.  


I'm thrilled that Fredrix asked me to try their products, and asked me to be a featured artist in their catalog! You can see some of plein air paintings in the new Fredrix Art Canvas catalog in 2014!

posted by Annie Strack @ 5:45 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.