Friday, October 30, 2015

Plein Air Brandywine Valley

I had a busy week painting in the Plein Air Brandywine Valley last week! I also hosted two visiting artists in my home, my friends Mary Monk and Laura Fischer Saxon from New Orleans.
Mary Monk and Annie Strack at Winterthur 

Laura Fischer Saxon and Annie Strack at Winterthur
 I painted from sunrise to sunset during the 4-day event, and finished 10 paintings. Each day, artists were allowed to choose from a list of 4 or 5 locations in the Brandywine valley area. The locations are different each day, and always full of gorgeous sites scenery. Many are vast private farms and estates, and some are more public like museums, gardens, or towns. This year, I painted the main street of Marshallton, Meyer's farm in Kennett, Winterthur, and Coverdale Farm. All the paintings were exhibited the following weekend at Winterthur, with a portion of the sales benefiting the Children's Beach House charity.
Merchant of Menace, 5x7  

Blacksmith Shop, 8x10 

Coverdale Entrance Road, 8x10 

Hay Bales at Coverdale Farm, 8x10  

Coverdale Fenceline, 8x10  (SOLD)

Entrance Road at Meyer's Farm, 8x10 

Hay Bales at Meyer's Farm, 8x10  

Farmhouse at Winterthur, 9x12  

Pond at Winterthur, 8x10  

Tree at Winterthur Pond, 8x10  
Much thanks to all the staff of the Children's Beach House and the volunteers of Plein Air Brandywine Valley for making this event so wonderful again! And special thanks to Janssen's Market for providing all the artists with delicious gourmet lunches every day of the event! 

posted by Annie Strack @ 3:16 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.