Sunday, August 25, 2019

Current Exhibits!

I just sent off my painting "Destiny Awaits" to the Kentucky Watercolor Society for the 41st Annual Juried show, and I was pleasantly surprised to just get the notification that another painting "jon L. Seagull" was juried into the Northstar Watermedia Society 5th Annual Juried Show. This means I have just earned Signature Membership in NSWS (my 15th Signature!) and I only need one in KWS to achieve Signature from that one. I'm always excited when my paintings are juried into a national or international show, and doubly so when it earns Signature status for me!

Jon L Seagull, watercolor by Annie Strack

Destiny Awaits, watercolor by Annie Strack

Yesterday, some of my students and I went to Longwood gardens for a field trip and lunch. Longwood is only about 2 miles from my home and studio, so very convenient for me. The real purpose of the outing, however, was to meet up with our tour guide from France! Mathieu Brousses and his family came to the U.S. to visit friends and family, and stopped by to hang out with my students and me. ALL of the artists who went to Provence with me last year are also going to Brittany with me NEXT year, and some of them were able to join us at Longwood for a glorious reunion. We had an absolutely marvelous time, and spent the entire day together. We can hardly wait until next June, when we go France again! 
Reunion of Annie Strack's traveling artists at Longwood

The plein air painting trip to Brittany is June 10 - 19, 2020, and we still have a couple of spaces left. My old friend Yves-Marie, the Director of Sennelier, has invited me to bring a group of artists to the home of Sennelier in Brittany so he can personally show us around and paint with us. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! This trip is extremely exclusive and almost full, so let me know immediately if you are interested in applying for one of the remaining spaces!


posted by Annie Strack @ 3:34 PM   1 Comments

1 Comments:

At September 7, 2019 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Sharie said...

So happy to get to know you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.