Friday, October 2, 2026

October news!

 We have finally finished the first two guest rooms at Caribbean Art Escapes! It's taking us a little longer than we expected, but we are almost ready to start booking tours. We hope to get an estimated time frame for finishing our construction projects soon. We don't want to have our guests interrupted by excavators and hammer drills during their stay, so our grand opening is ever so slightly delayed. We didn't expect to have the new pool and other amenities for our first season, but now it looks like we will have everything in place with a grand opening in January. We might still limit our first tour to four guests, and then go to our full capacity of six guests later. 

Bedroom 2

Room 2 has a double bed and a single, and room 3 has two single beds. Both rooms share a full bathroom. All of our rooms are comfortably designed to accommodate double occupancy. I'm working on rooms 4 and 5 right now and I should have them finished in a few weeks. 

Bedroom 3

Yellow Crowned Night Heron fishing in our pool!

I'm excited that see that our dragon fruit vine has several blooms and is now starting to set fruit. We are also getting fruit from our native Barbados cherry tree and quinnip trees. I planted about a dozen pineapples and we should start seeing fruit on those, as well as the papayas and bananas, in about a year. 

Dragon Fruit

and in case you didn't see it, here's the TEN PAGE feature article about me in North American Watercolor magazine! Click on each photo to enlarge it to read the full article! 

Cover Girl! Summer 2026, North American Watercolor magazine

pages 24-25

pages 26-27

pages 28-29

pages 30-31

pages 33-34


posted by Strack @ 7:03 AM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2026. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.