Monday, October 5, 2009

Painting on location at Interiors and Imports

Every Friday and Saturday in October I will be painting on location at Interiors and Imports in Mandeville. Come by and visit with me while I paint!





I painted this one last week, and I'm almost done with it. After I got home I realized I forgot to paint in the name on the yellow dighy, which is Homer. The name of the boat was one of the things that initially charmed me about this scene when I came across it in the Virgin Islands. I finished it up today, painting in some more of the little details and the name on the boat.



I've lived all over the country and traveled around the world, and when people ask me where I'm from I usually answer that I currently live in Louisiana. The next question is always 'yes, but where is home?', and I never really have a good answer for that, because I don't feel that I've found 'home' yet. It could be the next place I live, or it might be the one after that, or maybe I would never find that place that would evoke that elusive feeling in me of the place I wanted to return to. The first time I went to the island, I saw these little boats and the name on the yellow one seemed prophetic. I think I'll title this painting The Odyssey.

posted by Annie Strack @ 3:50 PM   2 Comments

2 Comments:

At October 6, 2009 at 3:45 PM , Anonymous Deborah Burns said...

Hi Annie,

What a great venue to demonstrate your work, and how you paint, wonderful idea!

"Homer" is a cute name in todays world (Homer Simpson) and I liked your classical take and reference with "The Odyssey" and your wonderings.

~Deborah

 
At October 6, 2009 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Annie Strack said...

Hi Deborah,
I suspect the owner of the boat was thinking about Homer Simpson when he named it - the blue, yellow, and white of the boat are a perfect match of the colors!
-Annie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.