Friday, July 4, 2014

Fireworks, Flags, Wine, and Paintings!

Last weekend I painted en plein air at Wilson Vineyard in Nottingham, Pennsylvania. I highly recommend painting en plein air at vineyards -- they serve wine!
(Wilson Vineyard Trees, 8x10 oil)
The tasting room at Wilson Vineyard is open to the public every weekend, and they have art openings in their gallery on Friday evenings. I have a few paintings in their gallery -- be sure to stop in and tell them I sent you!
(Painting in progress. )
Today is Independence Day, and it reminded me of the summer when my favorite Park Ranger was sent to Mount Rushmore to help with the 50th anniversary and dedication of the monument, on July 4, 1991
(Photo copyright 1991 Bill Groethe)
 An enormous flag was hoisted over the mountain with balloons as President George H. Bush dedicated the Monument.
(Brian guiding the huge flag as balloons begin to lift it over the top of the mountain)
 My Park Ranger was on top of the mountain behind the heads, helping to launch the flag. I love holidays, and this one stands out as one of my all time favorites! This year I'll be enjoying the holiday with friends and family at my home in Pennsylvania, and watching the Longwood Gardens fireworks display from my patio. I getting the grill fired up - stop in if you're in the neighborhood!

Happy Independence Day!


posted by Annie Strack @ 7:53 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.