Sunday, February 4, 2018

Winter Plein Air in Chadds Ford

I've been painting away during the Winter Plein Air event hosted by the Chadds Ford Historical Society. The opening reception was last night, and tons of paintings quickly sold. There are still plenty of gorgeous paintings remaining on display and for sale at the Barn on Creek Road through the end of March. 
On the last day of the event, artists were allowed to paint from inside the Brandywine Museum of Art. Here I am, with with my painting buddies Randall Graham and Yvonne Mucci. 

Every time I go out to paint I run into someone I know! It was wonderful to meet up with N. Taylor Collins at the museum!

Jerry's Artarama of Wilminton, Delaware, provided all the plein air artists with a wonderful swag bag of awesome goodies!
It was so cold and windy on Friday that I stayed in my car to paint. 

My painting of the Brandywine River.
I taught a class on Thursday morning, so I got a late start on the plein air. My first painting was this oil of the Route 1 junction sign, right in front of the historical society.
This painting was the first to sell, and I forgot to get a good photo of it before it was gone. 

posted by Annie Strack @ 8:03 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.