Thursday, September 19, 2019

Getting ready for Fall

Fall is my busy season, with lots of shows, workshops, plein air competitions, demos, and more. This week, I'm packing supplies to take to Art of the Carolinas. Even though it's over a month away, my schedule is so full that I have to take advantage of a few free hours this week. I also have to start getting ready for Plein Air Brandywine Valley, which starts Oct 13th. I'm a participant, but also a committee member -- so I have a few extra things to do during the event. I'm also a host for the event and open my home to two guest artists every year. Fortunately, my artists are both male this year, so I only have to clean my house to "men standards" and not to "women standards" to prepare for their visit. You women who are reading this will know EXACTLY what I mean!
Last month, I demonstrated plein air painting during our PABV patron party at Galer Estate winery. I tried to avoid the storm coming across the horizon and quickly painted this little 8x10 oil of the vineyard in about 30 minutes, but still got drenched by rain in the process. We then drew names out of a hat to choose which lucky patron got to take my painting home with them.


posted by Annie Strack @ 2:21 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.