Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Worchester plein air

 Last week I drove down to Maryland to paint in the Worchester Plein Air. I painted these at Assateague National Seashore, using Sennelier watercolors and Dynasty brushes on Hahnemuehle paper mounted on board. I forgot to take a photo before I framed them, so some of the gilt plein air framing shows in these photos!

beach, 12x16 wc on board

Surf's up, 16x20 wc on board

After turning my my plein air paintings in Maryland, I hurried up to Delaware to demonstrate plein air painting at the Mixers & Elixirs cocktail party at Winterthur Friday evening. 

Annie Strack painting at Winterthur

I was thrilled to open this award from the Kentucky Watercolor Society when I returned!


And I just had time to ship off this painting that was just accepted into the Society of Watercolor Artists National Exhibit in Texas. 

Seen Better Day, 20x14 wc by Annie Strack

Also this week, the 51st edition of The Art of Watercolor is published and it includes an interview with me as the winner of their Artists Competition. 


I'll be at Winterthur again this Saturday from 9 - 3, demonstrating plein air painting. Be sure to come out and see me! 

posted by Annie Strack @ 1:37 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.