Thursday, February 1, 2024

Free Online Demo - how to mount paper onto boards!


 I'll be demonstrating how to mount watercolor paper/painting onto boards and framing them in my next online demo for Art Chat. The demo will include how to adhere the paper to the board, seal it, and frame it. This technique can be done with finished watercolor paintings on paper, and also with blank watercolor paper that can be painted after it's been mounted. 


I mastered this technique many decades ago, long before it became popular. As an experienced and trained Art Materials Expert, I can explain why certain materials are used, and why some materials should NOT be used in this process. Many untrained artists have been teaching improper methods, and I will dispel some of the myths and demonstrate the correct procedures to produce archival results. 


To attend this free online demo, click HERE to register and get the link. The demo will be recorded but will not be public - only people who have registered may watch the recording. You won't want to miss this exciting and informative demo -- I hope I see you there! Feb 8th, 7 pm Eastern Time. 

Listen to Me, 12x16 wc, Annie Strack

And in other news, this is my most recent painting. I demonstrated how I painted the background in the live online demo that I did for Cazenovia Watercolor Society, and then while that dried I moved on to a different painting of seagulls to demonstrate my techniques for painting the birds. This has been a fun series of demos, and paintings! 


posted by Annie Strack @ 10:33 AM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.