Saturday, June 7, 2014

Interview on Jackson's Art Supply Blog!


I'm thrilled to be interviewed by Jackson's Art Supply for their blog! This particular feature is all about my painting en plein air, and describes my painting process pretty throroughly! Be sure to check it out!
(Pensacola Beach, 12x16 watercolor by Annie Strack)

Lisa: What common problems can one face in painting out of doors and how do you avoid these?
Annie: Wind is my worst enemy. On breezy days, I can lean on my easel and push the legs down into the ground. I bought some little stakes for the legs, and I’ve tried weighing it down with rocks, but I’ve found the best way to paint successfully on windy days is to stay in the studio. And I’m not fond of rain, either. That will quickly drive me indoors. Or cold temperatures – I don’t like painting when my fingers are numb and my teeth are chattering. I’ve learned to avoid plein air competitions in the wintertime, unless there are palm trees at the location (Read more...) 
(Claire's Garden, 12x9 Watercolor and Ink by Annie Strack)

posted by Annie Strack @ 8:58 PM   1 Comments

1 Comments:

At June 20, 2014 at 12:17 AM , Anonymous Art Supply Stores said...

This is a very helpful post especially to those who buy and sell online. some are not aware of these things. Thank you for sharing these tips!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.