Wednesday, May 11, 2016

a busy week ahead!

When it rains, it pours! Spring is always a busy time of year for artists, and this year is busier than most. Winter and Summer are my slow seasons, so I'm happy to book extra events in the Spring and Fall to make up for the slow months. Next week, I'm booked at four events in three different states!


The fun starts this weekend with the Hands On Creativity event at the Plaza Artist Materials store in Rockville, Maryland. I'll be demonstrating Amsterdam Color acrylics, and conducting "Make & Take" classes with these awesome paints. and giving away free samples! There will be representatives form other artist supply companies, too, making this the perfect opportunity to come out and try all the latest products.


Wednesday I'll be at Kuerner Farm in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, painting with the Philadelphia Watercolor Society. Kuerner Farm is less than five miles from my studio, making this an easy event for me. I always open my home to guest artists during plein air events in this area, so if you've registered for this event and need a place to stay be sure to contact me. 


Thursday evening I'll be demonstrating watercolor painting at the Gloucester County Art League. I explain my processes in great detail during my painting demonstrations, just like in my classes and workshops. Learn how I mix colors, plan a composition, use values, manipulate the properties of pigments, use different types of brushes for effects, and more! I'll be bringing some of my DVDs and some free samples of art supplies from my generous sponsors to give away, so you won't want to miss it! Free admission! May 19th, 6:30 pm at the Zion Community Church 242 Kings Highway in Clarksboro, New Jersey.


Next weekend is the annual Chester County Studio Tour. I've invited four other artists to exhibit in my studio with me this year, so visitors are in a real treat! Deb Watson, Karen Frattali, Judy Jarvis, and Tom Dempsey have bought tons of paintings and prints to display and sell. All the best artists on the Studio tour are in one place, at 105 Kabob Lane in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. You won't want to miss this! May 21 & 22. Lots of nibbles and sips, painting demonstrations, and door prizes, too!

posted by Annie Strack @ 11:39 AM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.