Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Louisiana Watercolor Society event

These are photos from the LWS painting event that was held at Karen's studio on Saturday. Over 40 people attended the event, and the artists and guests were treated with painting demonstrations, product samples, and a delectable luncheon. Many thanks to Daniel Smith Artist Materials for sending samples of their Watercolor Ground for everyone to try! The Daniel Smith Watercolor Ground is a unique medium for preparing any surfaces for watercolor painting. The Watercolor Ground can also be applied over paintings on paper, providing a white paintable surface that artists can then repaint over. It was a perfect product match for our event, and a big hit with all the artists in attendance!



I was unable to attend the event, but my friends sent me this group photo with this sign they had made...
Sigh. I miss you all, too!

posted by Annie Strack @ 11:41 AM   2 Comments

2 Comments:

At August 18, 2011 at 8:08 PM , Anonymous Wrenaissance Art said...

Hi Annie,
Thanks for the follow on Twitter.
I really like how your blog features artworld events, material reviews, and step-by-step progress on current projects!
Wren

 
At August 19, 2011 at 6:10 AM , Blogger Kathleen Neff said...

I've shared your blog with our local Guild on Facebook and wanted to let you know how much I personally appreciate it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.