Wednesday, September 25, 2013

New Paintings and Events

I painted several small seascapes recently, each one is just 4"x6". The size of a postcard. Every now and then I take a little break and paint a few little gems like these. They are great warm-up exercises before I start on large work, and they are such fun to work on. The pad of 4x6 watercolor paper that I'm using was a gift from my friend Lori at Wayne Art Supply and Framing, and it has inspired me paint a whole series of these small paintings. This size is like jewelry for art collectors -- they are wonderful affordable accessories that can be displayed anywhere and anytime.

This photo shows my drawing, and the reference photo for one of my paintings.

This photo shows my painting about halfway done, with the sky painted and most of the water values layered.
The finished painting. Point Udall, St Croix, USVI. 4x6 Watercolor, Sold.
Hawaii Sunset, 4x6 watercolor, Sold.
Salt River, St Croix, USVI. 4x6 watercolor
Sailboat, 4x6 watercolor SOLD
Outer Banks, 4x6 watercolor,   SOLD

posted by Annie Strack @ 3:26 PM   2 Comments

2 Comments:

At September 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Priscilla George said...

These are gorgeous. I too love small paintings.

 
At October 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Annie Strack said...

thanks Priscilla! I love painting these!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.