Saturday, November 2, 2019

Preparing for more workshops!

I'm loading supplies and getting ready for my workshops at Art of the Carolinas, the annual trade show and expo produced by Jerry's Artarama in Raleigh. All the supplies are included in my workshops at AOC, and as the Brand Ambassador for Chartpak I am happy to say that Chartpak is providing Indigo Handmade Paper and Grumbacher Academy watercolor and acrylic paints for all my students. 

12x9 Floral watercolor demo on the Indigo handmade watercolor paper.

9x12 watercolor demo on the Indigo Handmade watercolor paper. 
My workshops at Art of the Carolinas all sold out immediately, but there are still other great workshops and instructors to choose from. Also, I'll be demonstrating in the Chartpak booth on the tradeshow floor during the expo, so be sure to come and visit me! 

Filling palettes with Grumbacher Academy watercolor paints in preparation for my workshops at Art of the Carolinas. 

Unpacking the boxes of Indigo Handmade paper and Grumbacher Academy colors for my workshops at Art of the Carolinas. 
 I did a couple of simple little demo paintings on the new Indigo Handmade watercolor paper, and I have to say I love it! I found it to be highly absorbent and slow drying, and buckling, and yet it allowed me to lift dried paint from it. The texture was quite rough, which I like, although it does show a bit of a pattern from the screen process. It's a softer paper than traditional mould made papers and that takes a little getting used to, but like fine wine it is an acquired taste that improves with use.

posted by Annie Strack @ 9:22 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.