Sunday, February 27, 2022

Finding value

Whoo hoo! I just got a new shipment of Value Finders, including GREEN ones! 
Value Finders are translucent colored plexi. They help artists correctly distinguish values by canceling out color. When an artist looks at their subject or their painting through the Value Finder, they see only the lights and darks without the distraction or confusion of colors. 

Red and Green Value Finders

I began selling Red Value Finders many years ago when I realized they were hard for my students in find in art supply stores. This started as a service to provide a source for a much needed artist tool for my students, but now anyone can order them through my website. Red is used for landscapes and seascapes, and is the most common. I've been looking for many years for the right shade of green that could be used for portraits and figures, and I finally found it. I now sell both options on my website for $5 each plus shipping and handling. 
Ordering is easy on my main webpage.  https://www.anniestrackart.com/ 

The Value Finders are 4"x6", and can also be used as View Finders. Artists can draw grid lines on them as well, making them perfect drawing aides. Another nifty trick is to hold it up in front of your subject and trace the subject directly onto the Value Finder with a dry erase marker -- this provides the artist with a fast and easy compositional sketch of their subject. 

Labels:

posted by Annie Strack @ 10:58 AM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.