Sunday, September 25, 2022

plein air season

 Fall is always a busy time of year for artists and this year is busier than ever. I've been traveling to plein air competitions nearly every weekend and shipping off paintings to juried watercolor society shows every week. 

"Assateague Beach" 16x20 wc on panel won the Commissioner's Award at Worcester Plein Air in Maryland. 

Beach Combers, 12x16 wc on panel is my other entry in the Worcester plein air in Maryland. 

Cohansey Marsh, 12x16 oil on panel, won People's Choice Award at the Cumberland Plein Air in New Jersey. 

"Trash Day" 8x10 wc on panel, painted yesterday at Millville plein air in New Jersey. 

Annie Strack painting in the Millville plein air in NJ


I still found time to paint a few more paintings in the studio, based on photos I took this summer in France. 

I haven't titled these, yet, so if you have any title suggestions, shoot them my way! 


I just found out today that my painting "Toes in the Water" is juried into the Pennsylvania Watercolor Society 43rd international exhibit! This exhibit is online and can be seen on the PWS website.

Toes in the Water, 14 x20 



posted by Annie Strack @ 1:40 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.