Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Newest painting, raku firing, & other events!

I had a very productive week, and finished this painting while at Interiors & Imports painting on location. I'll be there this Friday and Saturday again, so be sure to stop in!
Yellow Dinghy, 14x20 watercolor by Annie Strack

Monday I hosted Kelly Landrum-Hammell's pottery class for a day of raku firing in my backyard. Kelly came and set up the kilns on Sunday, and we began firing at 8am the next morning and didn't finish until 10pm. 14 kiln loads of raku! Here's a photo of Kelly transfering a red hot pot from the kiln to the reduction can...

more photos from the raku class can be seen posted in this online album



Also donated two paintings to the local Habitat for Humanity this morning.



One painting is for the auction fundraiser on November 20th in Slidell, and the other painting will be given to a new Habitat homeowner. Habitat has helped hundreds of families become homeowners in this region, and I'm proud to give a donation to the auction and an extra painting that will go directly to one of the hardworking and deserving families that Habitat serves.


I drove to Biloxi last week and had a wonderful time meeting the great folks at Negrotto's Gallery! Negrotto's is now carrying a selection of my seascapes and abstract paintings, you can check them out online here or visit them at 2645 Executive Place in Biloxi, behind Edgewater Mall. Be sure to tell them I sent you!



posted by Annie Strack @ 5:31 PM   1 Comments

1 Comments:

At November 17, 2009 at 6:04 AM , Anonymous photo editing services said...

Great series of photographs and paintings in your blogspace!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.