Monday, June 3, 2013

Paintings and Travels

I had a wonderful time painting en plein air at Valley Forge last Saturday with the Philadelphia Watercolor Society. Even though it's a watercolor society event, I like to use oils when I paint en plein air. 
 Here I am with my easel set up in the tall grass, feeding the ticks. I was a little surprised at how near I live to Valley Forge. It's only about 30 miles from my house.
It was quite hot with temps in the mid 90's, but a light breeze and some shade made it bearable. The wind picked up and I lost the shade in the afternoon, so this painting will have to wait to be finished. It was so hot and dry on Saturday, the painting and my palette were completely dry by the time I got home.

This weekend I'll be in Delaware to teach a workshop for the Mispillion Art League. I hope I see you there!

posted by Annie Strack @ 7:57 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.