Friday, August 2, 2019

latest paintings!

It's the beginning of August, which means my summer semester of classes is now half over. This week I taught loose painting techniques using florals. My students also learned how to use a t-square to draw symmetrical objects (in this instance, the vases) along with learning reactions of different paper surfaces. We worked on the Cezanne 140# Cold Pressed and Rough papers that were generously supplied for my classes by Hahnemuhle USA! Here are two of my demo paintings...



I also shipped off a painting to the Georgia Watercolor Societies Juried Members Show. I recently renewed my membership, which had lapsed the last time I moved. I renewed as a Lifetime Member, so I won't have to worry about renewals getting lost in the mail.


My abstract painting "Tidal Basins" is the latest in my series of abstracted seascapes. I'm thrilled that it is accepted in the GWS Juried Members Show!

posted by Annie Strack @ 4:04 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.