Friday, March 6, 2020

My one day off between events!

I just finished my winter semester classes and I'm exhausted! It's a lot of work to pack up and haul my materials and supplies back and forth to the art center every week, along with whatever props and reference materials I need for each lesson. Here's a few of the many demos I painted this semester.


 I created a series of lessons on drawing and painting glass, which are always a favorite with students. I get a kick out of seeing other art "teachers," who are trying to copy my lessons, post their copies of my work on social media! Folks, if you want to learn how I paint glass, just take my classes. My techniques are actually quite simple, but copying my finished paintings is not going to teach anyone the actual process -- you need to learn the steps. There's no shame is taking classes from another teacher to learn how to do something, but there IS shame in trying to copy her lesson plans without her approval.


 Each of these glass demos took me less than 5 minutes. I whip through the demos, showing my students the steps for seeing, drawing, and painting. So my lines might be a little off or my brushstokes sometimes go a little wide. But I then have more time to spend one-on-one with each student to help them with their own drawing and painting so that they can get great results.


I don't have any actual "time off," as I am heading out to jury Signature Members for the Baltimore Watercolor Society this weekend, and then next week I have to pack up and travel down to South Carolina to teach a workshop. I always enjoy that annual trip to teach at Workshops in Charleston, organized my good friend Helen Beacham. This year we are doing People in Landscapes -- another one of my popular workshops! I won't get to spend any extra time down there this year, however, as then I have to rush up to Delaware to teach at the Howard Pyle Studio. Spring is always a busy time of year for me, and this year is proving to be the same, but I have to admit that I love what I do  <3 nbsp="" p="">

posted by Annie Strack @ 4:58 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.