Sunday, October 20, 2013

Plein Air Brandywine Valley

Yesterday I drove down to Alexandria, Virginia, to meet up with my old friends from the Louisiana Watercolor Society,  Philippa Gillen and Carrie Waller. Phil was one of the artists juried into the art exhibit that Carrie curated for the National Military Spouses' Network. It was fun to spend the day and catch up with old friends that I haven't seen in several months!
 
The week-long Plein Air Brandywine Valley starts today, with a cocktail reception for the artists in Chadds Ford. The weather is forecasted to be fantastic all week, and I'm looking forward to painting in the gorgeous landscapes. Everything painted during the week will be exhibited at Winterthur Estate and Gardens next weekend, beginning with a cocktail reception on Friday evening. I haven't yet decided which locations I will be painting each day, but I will most definitely be at Janssens Market for lunch each day! If you see me out and about during the week, be sure to stop and chat -- I always look forward to meeting my fans!

posted by Annie Strack @ 12:05 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.