Saturday, November 8, 2014

Hands On Creativity Event at Plaza Art, Philadelphia

I really enjoyed the Hands On Creativity event at Plaza Art Supplies in Philadelphia! For two days, professional artists demonstrated the latest and greatest art supplies and gave out free samples. I demonstrated oil painting on Arches Oil Paper -- if you haven't tried it yet, you need to get some now! The paper is primed to use with oil paints, but it has all the best qualities of traditional 140# CP Arches paper. It has enough tooth to use with dry media such as pastel and charcoal, and it's is absorbent enough to use with watercolor, inks, or printing mediums. So besides being ready to use for oils, it's also perfect for multi-media artworks! Here's some photos form the event...
Sarah Hunter and the other employees of Plaza Art made me feel very welcome!

Oil painter Cathe Deets enjoying some of the Rembrandt paints I gave away.

It was a pleasure to meet Don Brewer of Philadelphia's Don Art News.

Besides demonstrating all weekend, I also gave away stacks of free art supplies from Canson / Arches and Rembrandt.
Plein Air painter Joe Rademan stopped by to try some new art materials.



posted by Annie Strack @ 4:13 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.