Saturday, August 29, 2020

A Temporary Inconvenience

 I've been having a minor issue with my health lately. It started last autumn with a cough that I had treated at the urgent care clinic. It seemed to get better, but then progressed to a sore throat over the winter, a swollen tonsil in the spring, and a lump in my neck by summer. To make a long story short, after several visits to doctors, numerous tests, and a surgery later, I've learned that I have non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. 

So, I might slow down just a wee bit, for a while. It's really nothing more than a temporary inconvenience, but I'm going to milk it as an excuse to take a break and act lazy for a while. Not long, mind you -- by the time this pandemic quarantine is over, I'll be rested up and back to my full schedule of events. 



posted by Annie Strack @ 1:41 PM   4 Comments

4 Comments:

At August 30, 2020 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Susan kiedio said...

O my...goodness, sorry to hear this but know your optimistic attitude and your humor will carry you through..sometimes we just have to stop for abit..thinking of you

 
At August 30, 2020 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Barbara Burns said...

HUGS .. rest and feel better soon!!!

 
At August 30, 2020 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Anne Weakley said...

God bless you, Annie. From what I've seen, you are definitely a warrior. Rest and let that park ranger take care of you. ����❤️❤️

 
At August 31, 2020 at 9:02 AM , Blogger LL said...

Annie, I’m so sorry you have been going through this. You know you are in my prayers. I know your strength and positive mind will get you well again. Be sure to let us know if you need anything. Take advantage of the rest time my friend. Hugs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.