Friday, April 8, 2022

workshop paintings

 Last weekend I taught another workshop for the Hawai'i Watercolor Society and we focused on water surfaces and reflections again. A great group of artists from all over the country joined in and we did three paintings in two days. 

Beach, 12x16 watercolor

In addition to working on techniques for depicting textures in water, I also encouraged individual creativity by asking everyone to choose colors that were not in the reference photos. For my example, I painted this seascape using shades of orange instead of blue in the sky and water. 

Lake rd, 12x16 watercolor

I always like to have everyone practice their brushwork and color mixing by having them paint a simple painting, like this one, in addition to the more complex main painting of the workshop. 

Dueling Sunfish, 12x16 watercolor

Each of these painting is painted with Sennelier watercolors using Dynasty brushes on Hahnemuehle watercolor paper. They are my favorite art supplies, and with good reason -- they are simply the best.  



posted by Annie Strack @ 11:48 AM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.