Thursday, June 18, 2020

Featured Artist, Yvonne Mucci!

This week's featured artist is Yvonne Mucci, BWS.


Yvonne Mucci is primarily a watercolor artist and teaches painting and drawing in workshops and classes. She travels throughout the region and the mid west to compete in plein air events and is considered to be the top plein air watercolor artist in the region. Although she lives just across the Delaware river from me, I first met Yvonne many years ago at a plein air competition in Wisconsin. We now paint together regularly, and serve together on the Plein Air Brandywine Valley planning committee.


Yvonne's artist statement:

"As a regional watercolor artist living in Southern New Jersey, I have the good fortune of
being surrounded by beautiful shore lines, rich farm lands, and picturesque towns.
These diverse landscapes allow me great opportunities to draw upon for much of my
work.
I grew up in Chicago and graduated from the American Academy of Art. Irving Shapiro
was my mentor in the medium of watercolor. I have enjoyed 30 successful years in
advertising, but felt it was time to get back to my roots with this wonderful unpredictable
medium and have not looked back.
My goal in painting is to recapture my initial feeling for a subject and convey that to the
viewer. I am a participant in many plein air competitions and enjoy a camaraderie with
other artists. Juried into Plein Air Brandywine Valley, Chadds Ford Paint Out, Cohansey
Riverfest in New Jersey, and Cedarburg Plein Air in Wisconsin. I also exhibit in local
shows and galleries."





Here's where it gets interesting...

Yvonne is a Guest Teacher at my studio this summer! She will be here to teach watercolor painting on Thursday, July 16th. 


Summer classes at my studio in Kenett Square, Pennsylvania start on July 9th. As always, classes are every Thursday for 7 weeks. 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. New this year, we will have our classes outdoors on the spacious patio!

  • Each artist will have their own table and patio umbrella. 
  • Tables will be 8 feet apart.
  • Masks will be required.
  • Social Distancing will be enforced.
  • Frequent hand washing and sanitizing will be encouraged. 

Guest teachers this year include Yvonne Mucci, Karen Berstler, and Karen Frattali. This is a special opportunity for art students to expand their knowledge and skills by studying with the region's most popular and respected art teachers. Class size is limited, so send me an email to reserve your space.
the full schedule in on the workshops page of my website. Each 3 hour class is $45 per person. 

posted by Annie Strack @ 12:40 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.