Tuesday, May 24, 2022

plein air painting

 I'm thrilled to win the award for Third Place at the Old Stone Village Plein Air in Sewell, New Jersey! It was a lovely day with perfect weather for painting, and the location is full of wonderful subjects to inspire an artist. 



This last weekend, I painted in the Old New Castle plein air in Delaware. It was a sweltering 98 degrees in the shade, but the event was so well organized that it was fun to do it regardless of the weather. 



I also taught a workshop last week for the Art Guild of Louisiana, and we painted two paintings of koi  in the workshop. There were a lot of repeat students and old friends in the workshop, and it was good to see so many familiar faces. 



I just want to show off my peonies - check out this yellow one -- it's the size of a cantaloupe!


My pink peonies are doing pretty good too...



posted by Annie Strack @ 6:57 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.