Thursday, May 2, 2024

workshops and awards

 I just received this wonderful email from the Watercolor USA Honor Society...

"Dear Annie, Congratulations! We are very happy to inform you that your painting “Disconnected” has been selected to receive the Watercolor USA Honor Society George C Harkins Memorial Award in this year’s Watercolor USA.

The jurors of awards, WHS Board Members Carole Hennessy and Gary Johnson, had quite a challenge to select the Watercolor USA Honor Society’s award winners this year. We believe that the submissions were of the highest caliber we have seen to date." 

Disconnected, 14x20 watercolor by Annie Strack

Last week I taught a workshop at the Howard Pyle Studio in Delaware about the textures of watercolor paper and how to use them. I always enjoy going there to teach, and this was one of the most enjoyable workshops yet. Everyone painted a simple loose floral still life three times, on hot pressed, cold pressed, and rough papers. This workshop introduces artists to the different surface and explores how the surfaces react to different techniques. All the paper was generous supplied by Hahnemuehle




And I'm thrilled to announce that my painting "Low Tide" juried into Colorado Watercolor Society national exhibit! 

Low Tide, 12x16 watercolor by Annie Strack

Next week I'll be painting plein air, live in person, at the Bourbon & Bluegrass event at Winterthur. The following week is the annual studio tour and I'll post more about that later, but save the date -- Saturday and Sunday, May 19-20. 

posted by Annie Strack @ 9:37 AM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.