Friday, August 17, 2018

Plein Air Painting Excursions

I've finished teaching my summer semester of art classes, and now I'm packing for my plein air workshop in Provence next week. The summer just flew by -- I don't know where the time went! My students have been learning how to draw and paint glass these last few weeks, here's a few of them with some of their recent work.

My workshop in France is plein air, but if we have a day that is too hot or raining we will set up still life subjects or models in the villa and paint indoors.

In other news, I'm thrilled to learn that my painting was juried into the Philadelphia Watercolor Society's 118th international exhibit!
Destiny Awaits, 14x20 watercoolor by Annie Strack
Many thanks to the esteemed juror, Alan Wylie! The exhibit is October through November at the Wayne Art Center.

When I get back from France, I am participating in the International Worldwide Paint Out.  This event is organized and hosted by the International Plein Air Painters, of which I am a proud Signature Member. I will be painting in the Brandywine Valley area of southeastern Pennsylvania on September 7, 8, and 9. Let me know if you want to join me!
http://ipap.homestead.com/paintout.html 
International Plein Air Painters is a blanket organization created for the sole purpose of advancing the execution and enjoyment of plein air painting without the restrictions and limitations of borders or regions.
Membership is restricted to plein air painters, those serious to learn about plein air painting, and those who wish to be benefactors advancing the plein air movement.

posted by Annie Strack @ 12:21 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.