Saturday, May 22, 2021

more new paintings!

 Here's a few recent paintings from my studio... 


Cooling my Heels, 9x12 watercolor 

This is painted on the new Collections cold pressed watercolor paper from Hahnemuehle. The 140# paper is bright white and has wonderful texture.



Weary Traveler, 12 x 16 watercolor

I painted this one on the Hahnemuehle Cezanne 140# CP paper.

Staying close, 12x9 watercolor

Also painted on the Hahnemuehle Collections paper.



Get Well Soon, 12x9 watercolor

My students in New Jersey recently sent this wonderful bouquet of flowers to me. The blooms lasted several weeks, and it was fun to paint while I was recovering from the cancer treatments. This is also painted on the Hahnemuehle Collections paper, this time using the 140# Rough.



Out of the Darkness, 12x9 watercolor

This one is painted on the Hahnemuehle Leonardo paper, which is a luxurious 300# surface. Although more expensive, heavy weight papers are much easier to work on and I prefer them over 140# papers. 

Notice the pattern? Yep, all are painted on various watercolor papers from Hahnemuehle, my favorite paper manufacturer. All were also painted with my favorite watercolor paints from Sennelier, using my favorite Water Lily line of brushes from Dynasty Brush

I could use other materials. I could use ANY materials. But I only use the absolute best. 

posted by Annie Strack @ 12:03 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.