Saturday, June 26, 2021

lots of Plein Air Painting going on!

 This have been a busy month, with plein air painting events cropping up everywhere! I went out with the Delaware Urban Sketchers to Delaware City, where I found a lovely riverfront with plenty of boats to paint. 


Annie Strack painting en plein air in Delaware City, DE

Sailboat at Delaware City riverfront, 10x8 oil 

On another event, I went out with the Delaware Watercolor Society to paint en plein air at Lavender Fields in Milton, Delaware. 


Annie Strack painting at Lavender Fields in Milton, Delaware

Lavender Fields, 8x10 oil 

And at another event I painted at Mt Cuba, a native plant botanical garden in Yorklyn, Delaware.

Annie Strack painting at Mt. Cuba.

Mt Cuba vista, 8x10 oil 

Earlier this week, I hosted a plein air picnic at my studio for local artists who are traveling with me to France next summer. We also Zoomed with Yves-Marie of Sennelier, who then took us on a video tour of the Sennelier showroom at their headquarters in St. Brieuc (Brittany), France. 

Artists painting en plein air at Annie Strack Studio







Last night, I painted at Winterthur for their Mixers and Elixers event. I was the only plein air artist at the premier event, but they are going to hold this event every last Friday each month this summer and they will now invite more artists to paint at future events.  

Annie Strack painting at Winterthur

Winterthur Gazebo, 12x16 oil


posted by Annie Strack @ 5:48 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.