Sunday, November 24, 2013

Trying out some new art supplies!

It's been a busy month with classes, workshops, and art shows! A ton of people came by for my monthly Open Studio event, and I also had some great students in my workshops and online classes this month. It all kept me very busy, but I still found time to go to the beach and paint en plein air last weekend. I had a lot of new art supplies to try out again, and I share a lot of my supplies with artists who come to my studio for classes and on my Open Studio events.
I haven't had a chance to try out these Mission Watercolors from Martin F. Weber yet, but I used this new tube of cobalt in the seascape I painted at the beach last weekend. It was a very cold day, and the paint stayed very fresh and soft. It didn't tighten up from the cold at all.
I've been tucking this new Stillman & Birn sketchbook in my bag along with my travel set watercolor pans. It's a nice size for traveling and the paper is very bright!

This is the oil I painted at the beach last weekend. It was a vey cold, wet, windy, grey, day -- but I enjoyed painting on these new Fredrix paint boards so much that I hardly noticed the weather!

posted by Annie Strack @ 1:47 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.