Monday, January 6, 2014

Watercolor Painting Classes Start Soon!

Wow! As I was critiqueing painting homework by my students, I just realized that last month was my second anniversary teaching at Artist's Network University! In the last two years I've taught about 15 or 16 classes at ANU, and watched my students progress into skilled and experienced artists. I'm so proud of all my students! My next class starts January 20, so be sure to sign up!
Annie Strack (2nd from left) with artist friends at the Battle of New Orleans, 2002

In other news, This week marks the 199th anniversary of the Battle of New Orleans in Chalmette, Louisiana. The site of the famous January 8th battle is now a National Park, and the anniversary is celebrated with re-enactments and tours. Years ago, I used to organize an outdoor art show as part of the event, and this old newspaper clipping shows me and some of the other artists posing for the camera on a very cold, wet, and windy day. If you're in New Orleans this weekend, I highly recommend spending the day at the Park and enjoying the living history re-enactments.


Brian Strack in Key West with his 1st car, back in the mid-70's.

I like to refer to January 8th as "Kings' Day." As most of you know, it's Elvis' birthday. But it's also another king's birthday, as well. Well, he's the king around this house, anyway! And this year he got an extra special present -- my Park Ranger has just been promoted from Regional Chief of Maintenance, to Associate Regional Director! The new year is off to a good start!

posted by Annie Strack @ 5:07 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.