Wednesday, August 22, 2018

More paintings!

This is my demo painting for my class last week. We've been drawing and painting glass for three weeks, starting with plain clear glass in the first lesson, progressing to colored liquid in glass for the second lesson, and finishing up with colored glass. Students are never eager to start lessons on drawing or painting glass, but I teach methods that make it easy and fun to learn -- they always end up wanting to paint more glass!

Colored Glass, 12x9 watercolor by Annie Strack
Some of my students who are going with me to Provence met up for lunch at Terrain. Although all of them know me, most of them have met each other before now. The rest of my students will meet up at the airport, or after we arrive at the chalet in France. I finished packing today for my journey, and was amazed that I managed to fit all my art supplies and equipment (including all the supplies that I bring to give away to my students!) along with enough clothing to last two weeks in just one medium size suitcase. And I kept it all under 50 pounds! Yay!

Today I received an email notifying me that my painting in the Kentucky Watercolor Society's Annual Juried National Show won a top award! I don't know which award, yet. That info is top secret until the awards ceremony on September 7th. I plan on attending the reception in person, if my flight from France is not delayed.

posted by Annie Strack @ 4:55 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.