Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Busy Season for Art

The Fall season is traditionally the busy season for artists, and this year is no exception. Tonight I'm painting live at at the Plein Air Brandywine Valley's patron party at Galer Estate Winery. Next week I'm judging the art entries at the Unionville Fair, next weekend I'm jurying Signature Membership applicants into the Baltimore Watercolor Society, then delivering my painting to the Philadelphia Watercolor Society's Juried International Exhibit, then a board meeting for the American Artists Professional League, and on and on! I hardly have time to come up for air. I can't even think of all of the events I have coming up in the next couple of weeks -- check out my calendar page for the full listing!
I was thrilled to receive the catalog of the Kentucky Watercolor Society's Aqueous 2018 in the mail, and with it, a cash award! This show does not award much cash, so I was honored to receive the third highest cash award.
Last week, I invited some of my local students to my studio for a post-Provence painting party. We finished up our paintings from my workshop in Provence, and had a Provencal theme lunch of French inspired foods. We had so much fun, we're planning to do it again soon!
Pond at the Chateaux, 8x12 watercolor by Annie Strack

posted by Annie Strack @ 3:34 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.