Sunday, October 21, 2018

Plein Air and Other Shows

I just finished jurying the American Artists Professional League's 90th Annual International Juried Exhibit. As always, this show is huge -- the accepted artworks filling both galleries of the Salmagundi Club. As a Board Member and Juror, I have one of my own paintings in the exhibit. I actually ran out of shipping boxes and had to go out and buy more, with so many paintings all over the country in various juried shows this month.
Garden Jewels, 9x12 watercolor by Annie Strack
The week after next is the start of Plein Air Brandywine Valley! This juried event draws artists from all over the country. I don't do a lot of plein air events, and limit myself to only the top ones in the country. This one is one of my all time faves, and not just because I'm on the Board, lol! As always, I am also hosting a couple of visiting artists for this event, so in between workshops, exhibits, classes, etc, I'm cleaning like mad so my house won't look like a total disaster. Fortunately, my guest artists this year are men -- so I won't have to clean to woman standards!

Annie Strack, Plein Air Brandywine Valley
And finally, next week I'm going down to Lewes for a few days, to jury the Milton Arts Guild Annual Exhibit. If it's not too cold I plan on going to the beach while I'm there, to wiggle my toes in the surf and get my fix of salt water.

posted by Annie Strack @ 4:24 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.